Monday, July 03, 2006

Cingular , More bars in more places

Some of you may remember this little event from recent history,

Cingular Wireless said Tuesday it would buy AT&T Wireless Services Inc. for about $41 billion, topping a rival bid from Vodafone of Britain in a deal that would create the nation's biggest mobile phone company.
...
The deal would make Cingular the largest wireless carrier, ahead of Verizon Wireless, with about 46 million subscribers.
...

The two companies said the merger will let them offer better service in 97 of the top 100 U.S. markets.

CNN

Ah the good old days when it was win win win. Here is my reality. I often spend time in and around one of the largest cities in America. How's my cell phone reception ? It sucks. More bars in more places ? I don't care how many freaking little bars I got on my cell phone , I need actual reception. Pretty little bars are doing nothing for me. I've dropped calls when my cell phone had bars.

So what's the deal ? Now Cingular and AT&T are a mega company but my cell phone service sucks. During conversations my phone cuts out entirely too much. Often times I can't go more than 5 minutes without having to ask the other person to repeat what they said. I've had calls drop while I was stationary supposedly because I lost my signal.

How ? Where did it go ? I didn't move, did the tower move ? Is the tower full ?

More bars in more places ?

Give me more and/or better cell phone towers.

No comments:

//]]>