Sunday, March 03, 2024

Linux Mint 3.5mm aux mic not working AMD Family 17h Models 10h-1fh

On Linux Mint I updated the kernel to 6.5, after this everything worked but when I plugin mic to 3.5mm aux port it does not worked and is not detected.  I found the fix in this YouTube video

Not able to detect microphone in ubuntu 22.04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYkzX1lyTNk

1. Edit this file as root :
/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

2. Add this :
options snd-hda-intel model=,dell-headset-multi

3. Save file, reboot.  After that my mic is detected in the aux port again.

Note : The line says 'dell', I do not have a Dell, it also references intel, this is an AMD system, but it still worked out ok.  Command lspci says I have this 

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 10h-1fh) HD Audio Controller

No comments:

//]]>