Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Strange tone / beep in KDE related to kwifimanager

Recently when using KDE I've been hearing a strange tone that loops in the background. As you can guess searching Google for "strange sound kde" can be pretty uneventful.

I decided to check `top` first and discovered kwifimanager sitting at well... the top.

After killing the process the strange KDE tone vanished. I'm not sure what KDE or kwifimanager has to do with this issue. I recently started using it without issue then all of a sudden I'm getting this tone. I know for a fact that I didn't experience this problem when I first started using kwifimanager.

I also use gnome with my wifi and experience no strange tones.

System Specs
Debian Etch 4.0r1
Linux 2.6.18-5-686 #1 SMP
KDE 3.5.5
kwifimanager 4:3.5.5-5
Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88w8335 [Libertas] 802.11b/g Wireless (rev 03)

No comments:

//]]>