Thursday, March 08, 2007

Wikipedia

Taste great less filling

Do you remember your thoughts upon finding out anyone could edit Wikipedia ? I do.

Wikipedia , you don't know what you're missing.

I thought it was lame and didn't consider it a credible source. I didn't like the idea at all.

Over the years I've come to appreciate Wikipedia and use it daily.

However recently while researching a large and sometimes corrupt corporation I decided to have a look at its Wikipedia page.

To my surprise the words "fraud" ,"Enron" and "WorldCom" aren't even on the page.

This is extremely significant.

Those three words play a major part of this companies history and the history of the United States. For these events to be "missing" is beyond the pale.

What it all means

Sometimes Wikipedia is awesome and sometimes it's not.

Do you know enough to be able to tell the difference ?
Next time you're reading at Wikipedia ask yourself this question,
"am I informed enough on this subject to be able to spot errors or realize information is missing ?"


note : Did you hear the one about the guy on Wikipedia pretending to be a professor of theology ? Click here.

No comments:

//]]>