Monday, October 16, 2006

How To Make Your Own Alternative Ad for AdSense

So recently I got tired of getting Google Public Service announcements and decided to look into this alternative ad thing. I decided that using a color that makes it a blank space isn't for me; it's not doing anything good for my pocket book - plus visitors will get different views of the site depending on when they visit.

So I set out to make my own alternative ad, this is actually VERY easy.

You only need 3 things :

1. An image the size of the ad block.
2. A simple html file which makes the image a link.
3. Insert this code into the third line of your adsense code (under your pub-0129103 number) :
google_alternate_ad_url = "http://yoursite.com/adurl.html";

Wha-la, you now have your own alternative ad showing whatever you want.
Technorati Tags
[ ]
[ ]

No comments:

//]]>